iPhone Chevron Wallpaper

**Warning: This post is probably too long to be considered healthy**
*reposted from my fam blog.
______

Lately, I have been finding myself on my phone. A lot.
I feel like I’m always writing back to emails, checking blogs, texting, or whatever else all through the day.

I love that I have all of those things right at my fingertips. What I don’t love? The fact that it’s so easy to just “check something real quick”, but then end up on my phone looking around way longer than I needed to be in the first place.

So…I decided that my phrase for the year would be “be present”. This phrase applies to so many areas in my life. I feel like I show up to things and participate,  but I’m never fully there because I always need to “check just one little thing” on my phone. Been there before? Tell me it’s not just me?

I’ve noticed this happening more and more. So…I decided to make a little screen saver for my phone that says “be present”…That way, when I’m on the ground playing with El and get the urge to check my phone, my phrase for the year will be right there in my face and hopefully I’ll decide to be more present in what I’m doing, instead of checking my phone.

And, I also decided to put it on this here blog so that you can use it, if you’d like.

And, here’s just the plain chevron, if you don’t like the whole phrase thang.

Don’t know how to use a wallpaper on your phone? Easy! Just double click the picture you want to use and then choose “save image”

If “save image” doesn’t show up after you double click, just take a screen shot of the image you want to use (click the top button and the middle button at the same time, like in the image below).

After that, go to your pictures on your phone and the image you chose (or screen shot) should be in there. Just click on the picture to view it.

Theeen click the little icon that has the arrow coming out of a box.

And click on “use as wallpaper”

After that, you’ll just want to scale the image to fit your screen and click  “set”.

Then, it’ll pull up a menu like this where you can choose where to put the image.

I decided to put the one with words as my lock screen and the plain chevron as my home screen, but I mean…You can use them however you want. It’s your phone, after all.

Taadaaa.

Comments

1. says

Oh, great idea! And the perfect phrase I’ve been dancing around while trying to prioritize my life this year. I don’t have an iphone but I’m figuring out how to do it on mine…..

What an excellent post.

2. says

I love this – perfect message and love the chevron. Just an FYI: you don’t need to screen cap. Just hold your finger on the image you want and then click save image. Then go to your camera and pull up the images and set it as your wallpaper.

3. says

Oh my goodness thank you so much for sharing this with us! I love the chevron print but I absolutely adore the message. I for one will benefit from having this little reminder on my phone. These days go by so fast and it’s easy to take it for granted.

4. says

You guys are so lucky your phone lets you just take things like that without a screenshot! Mine just scrolls through the other pictures and won’t let me get an menu up!

I’m jealous! Thanks for the tip…I’ll add it to the post!

5. says

Oh my gosh- THANK YOU! I love this and added it to my phone today. I am really focusing on that this year, and I think putting it on something (like my iphone) that causes me to be the least present? Well, it’s a perfect reminder.

Thanks again!!!

aaronandkristenwindle.blogspot.com

6. says

My word for the year is present, as well. But, I have a Droid instead – and the ‘be present’ was too wide for my screen. I took the blank image and added ‘present’ in photoshop (slightly smaller font size) and now it’s the prefect reminder for me to stay PRESENT!! Thank you!!!!

7. says

Bah! Absolutely love these! Thanks so much for sharing. I love that your goal is to be more present, I think most of us need to take a healthy step back from our addicting technology and do just that, be present

8. says

I just have to tell you how happy you made me. My old wallpaper got deleted somehow when my phone updated and I’ve never been able to find one I liked that much until now. I LOVE these! I put the yellow one on my phone tonight and it just looks great! Thank you so much!

9. says

I love this and it really makes you think the next time you pick up your phone in the company of others. I find it annoying when people are texting the entire time they are with you. Great message!